Halloween is just around the corner and it’s important that your pets are kept happy and safe during the spooky season!
Here are a few pointers to help.
- Keep all the chocolate and sweets out of their reach to avoid ingestion!
- Keep any battery or electrical decorations safely out of your pets way.
- Don’t leave lit pumpkins unattended with pets in the house.
- When Trick or Treaters start arriving keep your pets away from the front door when possible! Some costumes might be a little too spooky for our pets to cope with, and the constant knocking or doorbell alarms can become stressful.
- Keep Halloween plants and vegetables such as pumpkins out of reach.
- Keep glow sticks and fireworks away from pets.
- Only dress your pet up if they are happy to do so!
- Desensitise your pet to loud noises and your costumes before Halloween.
If you need any advice on how to ensure your pet can have a happy Halloween please call your local St Kitts Veterinary Branch and speak to a member of staff.
St Kitts Veterinary Centre: 01252 844044
Basingstoke Veterinary Centre: 01256 844944
Crookham Park Veterinary Centre: 01252 913990
Firgrove Veterinary Centre: 01252 877799